Appleseed Alpha is a confirmed  feature-film length prequel to the 2004 and 2007 Appleseed movies, set for a summer 2014 release in the United States, for digital July 15 and Blu-Ray on July 22.
- February 11, 2014: Project announced on English language websites.
- March 19, 2014: [http:// Square Enix Square Enix] announces a series of Appleseed Alpha collectable figurines 
In the post-apocalyptic New York City, war veterans Deunan Knute and Briareos Hecatonchires fight to survive the ruined city. They are forced to take jobs for Two Horns, a cyborg gangster and self-proclaimed "mayor" of the city, in order to provide Briareos with power to sustain his cyborg systems. After botching transport of vaccine, Deunan and Briareos take another job to destroy and scavenge bipedal attack drones. But before they could attack, an armoured vehicle carrying three cyborgs and a human woman get attacked by the drones. As two cyborgs are killed, Deunan and Briareos intervene and save the survivors. The survivors introduce themselves as Olson, the cyborg, and Iris, the human. The two are on a mission but are reluctant to disclose what it is.
- Luci Christian as Deunan Knute
- David Matranga as Briareos Hecatonchires
- Elizabeth Bunch as Nyx
- Wendel Calvert as Two Horns
- Adam Gibbs as Olson
- Chris Hutchinson as Matthews
- Brina Palencia as Iris
- Josh Sheltz as Talos
- ↑ http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/02/11/first-look-appleseed-alpha
- ↑ http://news.toyark.com/2014/03/19/play-arts-kai-appleseed-figures-revealed-121625